Adhering to a lifestyle change and seeing the results can be deeply fulfilling. Revamping eating habits and committing to a daily exercise program can pave the way to a leaner, stronger you! After a massive weight loss, however, you notice loose, extra skin and stubborn fat pockets. Self-esteem starts to plummet and you become frustrated despite all the hard work you’ve put into yourself. Greenberg Cosmetic Surgery in New York is here to help you achieve the toned and tight look you crave! A thigh lift can be the answer to your weight loss frustrations.
What Is a Thigh Lift?
A thigh lift, also called a thighplasty, is a procedure to tighten loose and saggy skin and remove excess fat deposits. Age, gravity, and fluctuations in weight can affect the tightness of the thighs; unfortunately, no amount of diet or exercise can counteract the effects of time. This procedure will reshape the thighs by removing excess fat and skin to create a well-proportioned body contour.
Benefits of a Thigh Lift
There are many ways to benefit from a thigh lift, including:
- Removal of extra fat and skin resistant to diet and exercise
- Decreased appearance of cellulite
- Proportionally shaped thighs to compliment your body contours
- Increased physical activity and ease of exercise
- Decreased risk of skin infections and thigh chafing
- More confidence to wear new, different clothing
- A major boost of self-confidence!
Like all surgical procedures, candidates must ensure that they meet certain guidelines, including:
- Being a non-smoker
- Committing oneself to a healthy lifestyle
- Already achieved and maintaining a stable, healthy weight
- No major medical conditions that may complicate surgery
Types of Thigh Lifts
The types of thigh lifts are the bilateral lift, medial lift, and inner lift. The type of lift that will work best for you depends on your goals, current condition, and health concerns. If you are looking to boost skin elasticity due to age or significant weight loss, then an inner lift may be best for you. A bilateral lift will benefit individuals with excess skin on the upper and/or outer portions of the thighs. A medial lift is best for patients who have experienced extreme weight loss and have excess skin on upper portions of the inner thigh.
If you are ready to embark on the next part of your body contouring journey, contact Greenberg Cosmetic Surgery in New York today. They are ready to meet you for your initial consultation!
Last Updated on