A Precise Body Lift Surgery Designed for You
A full body lift surgery can remove sagging skin and fatty tissue that results from extreme weight loss, age, and pregnancy. Dr. Stephen T. Greenberg performs each body lift procedure in his own private operating facility at Greenberg Cosmetic Surgery in Long Island, NY. This surgery will be tailored to your exact contours and cosmetic goals. During a consultation, Dr. Greenberg can help you understand all the steps of your procedure and design a treatment that is personalized for you.
What to Expect During the Consultation
After completing the initial consultation, Dr. Greenberg will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan. The plan will include:
- Type of anesthesia you are most comfortable with
- Amount of time you should take off of work
- Your budget for surgery, including financing and insurance options
- The areas of the body you would like to improve
- Incision lengths and placement
- The amount of tissue to be removed
- Whether or not the procedures will be combined into one surgery or staged over the course of multiple appointments
The Full Body Procedure
A full body lift is an extensive treatment and typically involves a combination of procedures. The length of the surgery will be determined by the complexity of the surgical technique and whether you are having the procedures performed over several different appointments. In most cases, Dr. Greenberg will break the surgery into different stages that include treatments such as:
- Mid Body Lift: Also known as a belt lipectomy, Dr. Greenberg will make the incision in your midsection across the waist. Once he firms your core muscles, trims unwanted fat and skin, and pulls the skin smooth, he will close the incisions and apply bandages. This technique can also include a tummy tuck for ultimate smoothing of your midsection.
- Upper Body Lift: Dr. Greenberg can perform this procedure simultaneously with the mid body lift, or during a second surgery, depending on your individualized needs. For an upper body lift, he will typically place an incision into the underarm to tighten muscles, remove surplus fat and tissue, and trim excess skin. If necessary, the same procedure can be performed on your back.
Dr. Greenberg’s experience as a board-certified plastic surgeon combined with receiving care at one of our private, licensed ambulatory surgical centers, can provide you with unmatched care and superior surgery outcomes.
- Breast Lift: An upper body lift can also include a breast lift. Dr. Greenberg will make an incision around the areola to the base of the breast, and along the crease to remove sagging skin and tissue. If desired, Dr. Greenberg can add implants for a breast augmentation. Once the upper body lift or breast lift have been completed, Dr. Greenberg will close the incisions and cover them with compression bandages.
- Lower Body Lift: During this procedure, both a thigh lift and butt liftcan be performed. For a thigh lift, Dr. Greenberg will make incisions in your groin area to tighten and remove excess skin in your upper thighs. Depending on the type of butt lift, he will either make incisions across the top of the buttocks, base of the buttocks, or central crease of the buttock to lift, before tightening and removing excess skin. If desired, he can augment your buttock with a fat grafting procedure. A lower body lift is often combined with a mid body lift to achieve the most significant results.
Dr. Greenberg’s experience as a board-certified plastic surgeon, combined with receiving care at one of our private, licensed ambulatory surgical centers, can provide you with unmatched care and supeior surgical outcomes.