When is Breast Augmentation the Right Choice?
Do you wish you had larger breasts? Do you wish to improve the symmetry of your bust line? If so, breast augmentation may be right for you. Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgeries available today. At Greenberg Cosmetic Surgery, we work closely with patients to create custom surgical plans that will help them reach their unique goals. Because we provide a wide variety of options and customizations for breast augmentation, we can usually find a treatment plan that works for every patient. We take ample time to speak with clients and determine if they are breast augmentation candidates. Contact our Long Island office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Stephen Greenberg.
Basic Candidacy for Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation candidates must be:
- 18 years of age or older for saline implants, and 22 years of age or older for silicone implants.
- In good general health.
- Able to undergo surgery and able to undergo IV sedation or general anesthesia.
- Not currently pregnant or breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant or start breastfeeding during recovery from surgery.
- Free of cancer, infection, immune deficiencies, and any other diseases or conditions that could compromise recovery.
- Able to take recovery time off from work, school, or other obligations (patients with tight schedules should consider our 24-hour recovery augmentation procedure).
- Committed to attending follow-up appointments to ensure proper healing.
Emotional characteristics of a good breast augmentation candidate include:
- A desire to achieve symmetry between the breasts
- A desire to achieve larger breasts
- A desire to broaden clothing options
- A desire to reconstruct the bust line following a mastectomy
- A desire to refine the bust line so that it better complements the hips and overall figure
- A desire to feel more confident in general about one’s appearance
- Confidence in the decision to undergo breast augmentation
We also provide revisional breast augmentation for those patients who have experienced rupture, or are dissatisfied with the results of a previous surgery. Dr. Greenberg will consult with you to understand your unique needs and goals, and the status of your health to determine whether you should further pursue breast augmentation.
Designing a Surgical Plan for Your Needs
No two patients have the same goals, so we offer a broad range of custom options, making a greater number of women candidates for breast augmentation surgery. We are happy to provide saline, silicone, and the newly popularized gummy bear implants. Each of these implant varieties is available in a range of sizes and shapes to meet the diverse goals of our patients. Dr. Greenberg can perform subglandular placement (above the pectoral muscle) to achieve a more voluptuous result, or submuscular placment (under the pectoral muscle) for a more subtle result. During your consultation, Dr. Greenberg will explain these variables and recommend combinations that can give you the results you want.
The surest way to determine if breast augmentation is right for you is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Greenberg. Contact us today.