Budgeting for Bust Enhancement
If you are considering breast augmentation, you should be completely frank and honest with yourself and your surgeon concerning your goals. In order to achieve the highest level of satisfaction possible with your results, you should not compromise your surgery in the interest of saving money. At the same time, it is important to have an idea of how much your surgery will cost, so that you can begin budgeting for the options that will provide you with the bust line you desire. To learn more about the cost of breast augmentation, contact our Long Island practice today. Dr. Stephen Greenberg will attentively listen to and patiently discuss your concerns and goals so that he can provide you with expert recommendations and a clear idea of what your procedure will cost.
Cost of Implants
No two breast augmentation procedures are the same. Every woman has unique goals and body types that require different variations in the procedure, which affect the total cost of surgery.
The greatest differentiating factor in the cost of breast augmentation is the kind of breast implant chosen:
- Saline implants are the most affordable variety. Some women believe the saline solution these implants contain does not provide a realistic feel. Especially thin women are sometimes advised against saline implants because they can ripple, and without ample breast tissue, this rippling is visible beneath the skin. However, if a woman has ample breast tissue, a saline implant can provide the desired increased volume without sacrificing a satisfying feel or appearance. Other women prefer saline implants because if a rupture occurs, it will become immediately apparent, and the saline solution will be harmlessly absorbed into the body.
- Silicone implants cost more than saline implants. They are often chosen because the viscous silicone gel feels very similar to natural breast tissue. If the implant ruptures, the damage may not be immediately apparent, because the silicone gel remains inside the breast, often retaining the shape and feel of the breast for some time. However, with regular checkups, ruptures can be promptly addressed and corrected.
- Gummy bear implants (also called cohesive silicone gel implants) are the very latest variety and tend to cost as much as silicone implants, if not more. Like the candy that inspired their name, gummy bear implants are solid throughout, yet pliable. They are teardrop-shaped, which provides not only increased volume, but also a refined and natural-looking contour to the breast. Their unique consistency provides a decreased risk of rupture. Patients who receive gummy bear implants also seem to face a lower risk of developing capsular contracture than patients who receive silicone implants.
In addition to the kind of breast implant chosen, other factors that influence the cost of breast augmentation include:
- Your surgeon’s fee
- Anesthetics to ensure your best possible comfort during surgery
- Medications that you may need following surgery
- Garments to facilitate the healing process
The very best way to estimate the cost of achieving the bust line you desire is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Greenberg. Contact us today to take your first step toward a stunning new figure.