Achieve a Fast and Stress-free Facelift Recovery
Dr. Stephen T. Greenberg will provide you with detailed instructions on what to expect and how to promote optimal healing during your facelift recovery following your procedure at our Manhattan, NYC,facility. Additionally, he will schedule postoperative appointments with you to gauge your progress and ensure proper healing. Having your facelift performed by Dr. Greenberg can minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and turn back the aging process by 10 years. We offer several different types of facelift procedures at Greenberg Cosmetic Surgery, which you can combine with other cosmetic procedures. During your initial consultation, Dr. Greenberg will carefully outline your procedure with you, as well as what to expect during your recovery.
What to Expect After Your Facelift
As an experienced and respected cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Greenberg will carefully lift and tighten your face muscles and remove excess fat and skin during your facelift. This procedure will create a smoother, younger-looking appearance, and more aesthetically pleasing contours.
Having your facelift performed by Dr. Greenberg can minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and turn back the aging process by 10 years.
Before your surgery, you will need to schedule someone to drive you to and from your procedure due to the anesthesia involved. We also recommend having someone stay and assist you for the first 24 to 48 hours. You will feel sore and swollen the first few days after surgery, but you can expect a full recovery in a matter of weeks. Below are some care instructions to make note of in addition to the step-by-step post-operative instructions you will receive during your consultation.
- Attend your post-operative appointments
- Sleep with your head elevated
- Take pain medication to minimize discomfort
- Apply ice packs to reduce inflammation
- Limit sodium intake to minimize swelling
- Walk daily to prevent blood clots
- Develop a healthy skin care routine and apply sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher
- Purchase new makeup and brushes to reduce risk of infection
- Shower or wash your hair for two to three days after surgery
- Apply makeup until cleared by the doctor
- Perform strenuous activities or exercise until directed by the doctor
- Drink alcohol or smoke for at least two weeks after surgery
- Lift anything over 5 to 10 pounds for the first two weeks
Facelift Recovery Timeline
The type of facelift performed will determine how quickly you heal. However, an approximate facelift recovery is as follows.
- Day 1: Ice for the first 24 hours and take pain medication as directed to help with swelling and bruising.
- Days 2-3: You will notice an increase in your bruising and swelling. Continue to ice and take your medication as directed by the doctor.
- Days 5-10: Dr. Greenberg will remove any sutures and bandages and give you an elastic garment to wear at all times except when showering. You should notice a decrease in swelling and bruising. Avoid any heavy lifting and strenuous activity, but walk every few hours to prevent blood clots.
- Weeks 2-3: Swelling and bruising will be minimal, and you can move to wearing your elastic garment at night only. You may experience some stiffness in your face and neck.
- Week 4: You should be completely healed, released to full activity, and enjoying your final results. Continue your follow-up appointments as directed by Dr. Greenberg.
Final Results and Scarring
Dr. Greenberg is a highly skilled cosmetic surgeon who will place your incisions in such a way to minimize scarring. In most cases, scars are concealed behind the ears and hairline. It may take a few weeks before your final results are revealed. Once your swelling and bruising subside, you will notice a younger-looking appearance.
Schedule Your Consultation
Many of our patients experience a significant boost in confidence once they recover from their facelift procedure. To schedule your facelift consultation with Dr. Greenberg, contact our office today. In the meantime, view facelift FAQs to learn more.